The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is pleased to announce entries for the 6th edition of the African Insurance Awards. The objective of the Awards is to reward and celebrate innovation, good corporate management and good leadership in the African insurance industry.
The 2020 edition will take place on Monday 1 June 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria.
There are four categories of Awards in this year’s edition.
1. Insurance Company of the Year: This prize is open to all insurance companies registered in Africa and focusing on performance in the last 2 years.
2. CEO of the Year: This special award is given to the CEO of an insurance company, who has made an outstanding contribution over the past 12 months or more, either through the advancement of his/her company or the insurance industry in Africa.
3. Innovation of the Year: This prize is awarded to an insurance company for the best use of technology, for launching a breakthrough product / service or a new and innovative distribution channel or method.
4. InsurTech of the Year: This prize targets non-insurers that are collaborating with insurers to improve customer service delivery, product development and overall innovation in the insurance value chain. For this category, Africa Re will provide a platform for the winner to meet the insurance industry.
Cash prizes, plaques and certificates will be awarded to winners.
For online nominations, please visit www.africaninsuranceawards.org.
1. Deadline for submission of nominees 31 March 2020
3. Review of nominations and selection of winners by Panelists April & May 2020
5. Awards ceremony on 1 June 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria.