The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is pleased to announce the 5th edition of the African Insurance Awards. The objective of the Awards is to reward and celebrate innovation, good corporate management and good leadership in the African insurance industry.
The 2019 edition will take place on Monday 10 June 2019 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
There are four categories of Awards in this year’s edition.
1. Insurance Company of the Year: This prize is open to all insurance companies registered in Africa and focusing on performance in the last 2 years.
2. CEO of the Year: This special award is given to the CEO of a company, who has made an outstanding contribution over the past 12 months or more, either through the advancement of his/her company or the insurance industry in Africa.
3. Innovation of the Year: This prize is awarded to an insurance company for the best use of technology, for launching a breakthrough product / service or a new and innovative distribution channel or method.
4. InsurTech Breakthrough: This prize targets non-insurers that are collaborating with insurers to improve customer service delivery, product development and overall innovation in the insurance value chain. Interested participants in this category should visit www.insurtech.africa-re.com . The window to submit applications will be opened from 18 February 2019 to 30 April 2019.
Cash prizes, plaques and certificates will be awarded to winners.
For more information please visit www.africaninsuranceawards.org.
For the InsurTech category, Africa Re will provide a platform for winners to meet the insurance industry.
1. Nominations open on 18 February 2019
2. Deadline for submission of nominees 30 April 2019
3. Report on shortlisted candidates and submission to panel 30 April 2019
4. Deadline for submission by panelists of the ranking of top nominees 15 May 2019
5. The awards ceremony 10 June 2019 in Johannesburg, South Africa